Drinking tea can not only provide you with health benefits but also can save you money. How can it be if we spend money in the first place? Well, consider it as a multipurpose product that can be both beneficial internally for our health and externally for our homes. So, do not discard your used tea bags just yet! There are many effective uses of tea bags.
As seen on LivingTraditionally:
10 Effective uses of tea bags that work
- Soothing puffy and tired eyes. This is the most common use of tea bags. Soak tea bags in ice-cold water or simply pour on water and leave in the refrigerator. Tea not only relieves redness and swelling, but also refreshes tired eyes.
- Minimizing the effect of bruising. Apply a fresh-brewed, but cooled tea bag of black tea on the injured spot and it will help reduce bruising. This is due to the substance contained in black tea, tannic acid, which reduces swelling and constricts the blood vessels. For best results, apply the compress twice a day, leaving 20 minutes.
- Tea bags can be used as a remedy for sunburn. Wet tea bags will ease the pain of sunburns and if your entire body is sunburned, take a bath and add tea bags to the water.
- Tea bags can help with razor cuts. Wet tea bags can reduce and calm nagging pain from a razor cut.
- Tea bags can help with acne. Wipe your face with used green tea bag.
- Tea bags can help with oral hygiene. If you have painful sores in your mouth, you can speed up the healing process by soaking the tea bag in water, and slightly biting onto it with your teeth. It will ease the pain and speed up healing. Similarly, you can stop the bleeding from an extracted or lost tooth.
- Tea bags can refreshen your breath. Rinsing with strong brewed tea reduces the unpleasant smell from the mouth.
- Tea bags will help with the sweaty feet. Before going to bed, soak your feet in luke warm tea for 10-15 minutes, then wipe them with a towel.
- Tea bags can effectively absorb unpleasant odors. Tea bags can be used to eliminate the unpleasant smell of hands after dealing with fish or garlic. Also tea bags can be used as a deodorizer in the fridge or trash can. Just stick them in there. You can also stick tea bags with lavender flavor or other herbal tea in the seat covers of your car, you get a natural air freshener.
- If you are allergic to detergents or soaps, tea bags could be used for washing dishes. It may sound strange, tea truly has cleaning properties. With a few re-brewed tea bags, you can remove dirt and grease on mirrors, windows, floors, kitchen counter tops and unpainted wooden furniture. Remember that after cleaning, make sure to dry the surface, because tea is a good natural dye.